Questions and Answers
Q & A
Some answers to questions you may have.
- How do I pronounce Llangunllo?
- "Clan-gunth-low" is probably the nearest way to phonetically spell out the pronounciation of
Llangunllo in English. However, as is common on the borders, a leading 'll' (but never
internal ones) is sometimes pronounced as an "ell" so you will sometimes hear it as "Lan-gunth-low".
- How do I pronounce St. Cynllo?
- "Saint Gunth-low" is a pretty close phonetic spelling.
- What does the name Llangunllo mean?
- llan means "church" in Welsh and the second part gunllo is a variation on "Cynllo". So
Llangunllo means (roughly) "the place of the church of St. Cynllo".