The Llangunllo Village Hall is owned by the Church of Wales and in 2002 the Community was given a 35 year lease to manage the Hall. It is operated by the Llangunllo Community Hall Management Committee and is a registered charity, number 1124131.
The Hall is central to village life and vital for community cohesion. It provides a local meeting place and is important both to those in the village and those from the outlying rural homes.
The main objective of the committee is to maintain and improve the Hall so that it can continue to meet the needs of its people into the future.
A photo of the Llangunllo Village Hall. Click on the image for a larger version.
Hiring the Hall
The Hall is available for use by community groups and for private hire.
The Llangunllo Village Hall has a fully fitted kitchen, curtained stage, sound system, overhead projector with screen, large conservatory and has disabled access and toilets. The Hall has recently had a new roof and insulation. The maximum number of people to be seated in the Hall for an event is 80 - 100 people.
The hall has 125 chairs with 18 small tables and 7 large tables. In the kitchen there is a cooker, fridge, microwaves, kettles, Hostess Trolley and instant hot water as well as crockery and cutlery to cater for 80 people. (complete list of what is available)
Outside we have a large grass area, a BBQ and a Gazebo. There is also some gaming and activity equipment available to rent such as a vintage Wooden skittles set (complete list of games)
Rules of hiring
- Please leave the Hall as you find it clean and tidy including all the equipment used.
- There are brushes and cleaning equipment in the cupboard left of the stage.
- Do switch off all electrical appliances and heaters.
- Please do not use any candles apart from on a celebration cake.
- Please do record your electrical usage on the form in the kitchen - note down the organisation, the electricity before and after usage, number of units and your signature.
- All Day or All Evening Rate at £30
- Hourly rate at £5.00
- Hire of tables @ £1.50 per table and Chairs @ 15p per chair.
- BBQ and Gas Hire £7.50 - On site only
- Electricity charged per unit, at present 20p per unit.
Contact details for hiring the Village Hall
For Bookings and further information please contact either:
- Chairman and Booking Secretary - Anna Jones on 01547 550 134 or firstname.lastname@example.org